Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration. If authors have used their own previously published work(s) as a basis for a new submission, they are required to cite the previous work(s) and very briefly indicate how the new submission offers substantive novel contributions beyond those of the previously published work(s).
The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word document format, but MS Word is preferred.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. Images may be submitted as separate files at a later stage of the submission process.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Make sure that you provide page numbers (Arabic numerals) in the upper right-hand corner of your manuscript.
Please be assured your manuscript has been correctly blinded (see instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review). Do not provide a separate title page with the submission, but rather add the title of submission to the top of the first page of the article. Remove any text (even on title pages or in headers or notes) that might identify any authors of the submission.
You may want to refer to the following general instructions:
a. Title page, acknowledgements, running headers of author names should be removed from the text before you upload it.
b. If you must refer to your own work in a way that makes your authorship obvious, you may substitute “Author citation” for your name in both the citation in the text and the corresponding entry in the reference list.
c. Remove meta-data hidden in electronic files.
- Please include a short abstract (max 300 words) and five to seven keywords in your manuscript. You will be asked to enter the title and abstract of your piece during the submission process.
ASSIGNMENT OF PUBLISHING RIGHTS
1. In consideration of the publication of your Article, you grant to us for the full legal term of the copyright and any extension or renewals, the exclusive licence: a) to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Article worldwide in all forms, formats and media now known or as developed in the future, including print, electronic and digital forms, b) to translate the Article into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the Article or other derivative works based on the Article and all provisions elaborated in a) above shall apply in these respects, and c) to sub-license all such rights to others. In the event the Article is not accepted and published by us or is withdrawn by you before acceptance by us, the exclusive licence to publish set out in this agreement shall cease to be effective and all rights assigned by you to us in relation to the Article shall revert to you.
2. We shall prepare and publish your Article in Skenè. Journal of Theatre and Drama Studies. We reserve the right to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the Article suitable for publication, or as we reasonably consider necessary to avoid infringing third party rights or law; and we reserve the right not to proceed with publication for whatever reason.
3. You hereby assert your moral rights to be identified as the author of the Article according to the Italian Copyright Law 1941 no. 633.
4. You hereby warrant that you have secured the necessary written permission from the appropriate copyright owner or authorities for the reproduction in the Article of any text, illustration, or other material. You warrant that, apart from any such third party copyright material included in the Article, the Article is your original work, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity and cannot be construed as plagiarising any other published work. You further warrant that the Article is not currently under submission to, nor is under consideration by or has been accepted by any other journal or publication, nor has been previously assigned or licensed by you to any third party. Without prejudice to the provisions of Clause 3 above you undertake that the fully reference-linked version of scholarly record will not be published elsewhere without our prior written consent.
5. In addition you warrant that the Article contains no statement that is abusive, defamatory, libelous, obscene, fraudulent, nor in any way infringes the rights of others, nor is in any other way unlawful or in violation of applicable laws.
6. You warrant that wherever possible and appropriate, any patient, client or participant in any research or clinical experiment or study who is mentioned in the Article has given consent to the inclusion of material pertaining to themselves, and that they acknowledge that they cannot be identified via the Article and that you will not identify them in any way.
7. You warrant that you shall include in the text of the Article appropriate warnings concerning any particular hazards that may be involved in carrying out experiments or procedures described in the Article or involved in instructions, materials, or formulae in the Article, and shall mention explicitly relevant safety precautions, and give, if an accepted code of practice is relevant, a reference to the relevant standard or code.
8. You undertake that you will keep us and our affiliates indemnified in full against all loss, damages, injury, costs and expenses (including legal and other professional fees and expenses) awarded against or incurred or paid by us as a result of your breach of the warranties given in this agreement.
9. You warrant that you have reviewed our Publishing Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Disclosure policies, and will include in the text of the Article an appropriate statement should you have a financial interest or benefit arising from the direct applications of your research.
10. If the Article was prepared jointly with other authors, you warrant that you have been authorized by all co-authors to sign this Agreement on their behalf, and to agree on their behalf the order of names in the publication of the Article. You shall notify us in writing of the names of any such co-owners.
11. This agreement (and any dispute, proceeding, claim or controversy in relation to it) is subject to Italian law and the jurisdiction of the Court of Venice (Italy). It may only be amended by a document signed by both parties.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.